Friday, April 22, 2011

How Loud Can A Car Stereo Be Before It Is Illegal

"The Song of Despair" by Pablo Neruda


Talk about the famous book: 20 Love Poems and a Song of Despair, all the same to do about a Beethoven symphony, a painting by Goya and do on the pyramids of Egypt. In one aspect of comparison valid. Since it is doing on one of the greatest works of art of all time. When Neruda poems published in 1924 this had nothing more than 19 years old and was one of his most representative works, among so many beautiful poems. But do not talk about the poems as such on this occasion, but may soon do so because in it are my favorite poems of Mr. Neruda. For now only will post the poem that ends the book: A Song of Despair. For being one of my favorites, and also for what it represents in my life, why can not miss on my blog.

undoubtedly because she was a journey at sea. Adventurous and maddening. Enchanting, where they heard sirens and came face to face fear and shame. But in the end was a wreck, and the man who enjoyed the sea in the company ended only in the sands of a desert island, beyond the end of the world, against the black solitude of the islands. She was a breeze and it was the salt. It was the sound of the sea and all that the gods muttered, but now all she was sinking. For

who have not read it, enjoy it:

The Song of Despair

memory of you emerges from the night around me.
The river mingles its stubborn lament with the sea.
Deserted like the wharves at dawn.
is the time to go, left Oh!

cold rain on my heart blossoms.
Oh pit of debris fierce cave of the shipwrecked

you accumulated in the wars and the flights.
From you the wings of the song birds.
You swallowed everything, like distance.
Like the sea, like time. In you everything sank!

was the happy hour of assault and the kiss.
The hour of the spell that blazed like a lighthouse. Anxiety
pilot fury blind diver, turbulent drunkenness of love
. In you everything sank!

You girdled sorrow, you clung to desire, I lay
sadness. In you everything sank!
I made the wall of shadow. I walked
beyond desire and act.

Oh flesh, my flesh, woman whom I loved and lost,
to you in this hour wet, I raise my song.
Like a jar you housed infinite tenderness and the infinite oblivion
of shattered like a glass.

was the black solitude of the islands, and there
woman of love, took me in your arms.
Era thirst and hunger, and you were the fruit.
were grief and ruins, and you were the miracle.

Ah woman, I do not know how you could contain me in the land of your soul, and the cross of your arms!

My desire for you was the most terrible and short
the most turbulent and drunken, how tensed and avid. Cemetery of kisses
there is still fire in your tombs, still the fruited boughs burn
bird pecked.

Oh the bitten mouth, oh the kissed limbs,
oh the hungering teeth, oh the entwined bodies.
Oh the mad coupling of hope and effort
in which we merged and despaired.

And the tenderness, light as water and flour.
And the word scarcely begun on the lips.
That was my destiny and in it my longing to travel, and he fell
my longing. In you everything sank!

Oh, sense of debris, everything fell into you.
not express What pain? What are you not drowned!?

From billow to billow you still called and sang,
Standing like a sailor on the bow of a boat.
still flowered in songs, you still broke in currents.
Oh pit of debris, open and bitter well!

Pale blind diver, luckless slinger, lost discoverer
. In you everything sank!

is the hour of departure, the hard cold
hours the night fastens to all the time.
The rustling belt of the sea girdles the shore.
Cold stars heave up, black birds migrate.

Deserted like the wharves at dawn.
Only tremulous shadow twists in my hands. Ah
beyond everything, beyond all ah.
is the hour of departure, oh deserted one!




0 comments:

Post a Comment