Saturday, May 22, 2010

I How To Unlock Websense

Enamels of 1230 º C (cone 7)

turns out that for a year or less fell into my hands a list of formulas of glazes, when asked who they were I was told that Eduardo Garavaglia, (considered by my genius of ceramic glazes). I knew that if this was an investigation of glazes made by him exactly, but the question that I brought home these notes and jealously kept waiting for a chance to make the respective samples.
Well, I prepared the glaze bases about 100 grams of powder each, and then separated 10 grams. of them and I was adding the oxides, all very heavy, or mortar, I added water and began to bathe small cuenquitos had made and biscuits to make samples and all the tiles I found:
Taba and ass was the thing, would be Edward?
Al oven, you already know that I have a wretched, thread and gave him 7 1 / 2 hours to reach the 1230 º C by a plateau of 30 'when I reached that temperature.
next day when I opened the oven ... oh mom! Each of them was a beauty! Here are the step
.

Bases:
(click here to go to the formulas)


modification of glazes bases with the addition of oxides:
(click here to go to the formulas)


And here, as always, tell the clubs that I do, the same enamel, No. 48 placed on a plate made low dough. When I realized the error corrected and enamel plate high, but to "prove" just sent the sample in low baked pasta. Result: a mess.

Notes:
flaws and defects: 25 out bubbled. A few slipped
glazes and for example with 39 left him a nice little hole in the furnace plate will be a matter of taking the relevant precautions and placed under each piece is glazed with a formula or other refractory insert that separates some support plate to prevent sticking to it.
From now on I change the percentages of coloring oxides and play with them doing different combinations, I can take beautiful surprise as these glazes responded with an incredible nobility. I'm happy! Var
Enjoy.


year

0 comments:

Post a Comment